Entertaining during the fall month can be an invitation to bring out your creative side. Indulge in new decor and fresh recipes that you’ve never served before with your friends or family. Bice’s Florist recommends that you pair recipes that include edible flowers with a gorgeous floral bouquet as a centerpiece for your special brunch or dinner.
An elegant and stylish option for any formal dinner decor is our Peachy Keen design. Featuring soft peach roses and gerbera daisies, yellow snapdragons and green button poms mixed with lush greens, this piece seems to be straight from your autumn garden. Compliment this freshness of this design with a delicate salad garnished with flowers.
Try including this violet salad on your brunch menu or as a first course to your formal fall dinner.
- 8 cups of mild baby greens, washed and drained
- 1 cup washed and drained violet leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, washed, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon balm, washed, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, washed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons violet vinegar
- 1 cup washed violet flowers
Combine first six ingredients in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl whisk together violet vinegar, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Drizzle over salad greens and toss. Arrange violet flowers on top. Serve immediately. Serves 4-6.
Fresh foliage and flowers never tasted so good! Tell the floral designers at Bice’s Florist about your favorite experience with edible flowers.