Asters & sapphires are the official flower and gemstone chosen to represent the month of September. Each brings a special meaning and beauty to the month, and both are colorful inspiration for September birthday bouquets. Whether you choose the brilliant “sapphire blue” of blue delphinium or opt instead for a lavish arrangement of fall asters, you can be sure that the floral designers at Bice’s Florist will deliver the perfect birthday wishes to those you love.
Some Interesting Facts about Sapphires…
- * The word “sapphire” means “celestial,” from the sky or heavens. The word conjures up visions of the deep blue shades most favored in sapphires.
- * Sapphires have a royal history, having been worn by ancient kings and priests and representing wisdom and purity.
- * Sapphires were mined as early as the 7th century B.C. in India, but are now found throughout southeast Asia, Australia, and even in the United States.
- A gift of sapphire represents sincerity and faithfulness. Sapphire blue bouquets could consist of delphinium, iris, blue hydrangea or orchids.
Some Interesting Facts About Asters…
* Asters are named for the Greek word meaning “star” because of their star-shaped petals surrounding a yellow center.
* Legend has it that when Virgo spread stardust all over the earth, asters were the flowers that bloomed where the stardust fell.
* Asters are used medicinally in Chinese and Native American cultures.
* A gift of a bouquet of asters represents love and daintiness. They come in many colors and can be identified
by their yellow centers.
Asters & sapphire blue flowers are two beautiful and meaningful ways to honor your September celebrants. If you need more ideas, or would like to customize your own arrangement, the floral experts at Bice’s Florist are happy to help. Don’t forget- we deliver to homes and businesses throughout the Fort Worth area every day! Give us a call today and let’s get to celebrating.