Both flowering and green plants are perfect to have indoors, but they are far more than home decor! Plants are known to create a sense of calm and serenity, cleanse toxins from the air, and even increase our productivity. Here at Bice’s Florist, we think that if a plant is willing to work that hard to benefit our lives, that we should strive to keep them as happy and healthy as we can as well. Although there are hundreds of thousands of varieties of plants – and just as many instructions on how to care for them – this week we are highlighting two of our favorite plants. For your Fort Worth home or office, you may wish to add these beauties to your decor.
Coming Soon! Administrative Professionals Week is the perfect opportunity to send plants (or flowers, or gifts) to your favorite personnel. Call now, it begins April 23rd!
The Arbicola plant, a member of the Schefflera family, is one of our most popular green plants for indoor environments. The plant is low maintenance, but you do need to pay attention to sun exposure and water levels.
* Locate your Arbicola or Schefflera in medium, filtered light. Direct sunlight will burn its leaves.
* If your plant begins to droop, it most likely requires more light.
* To see your plant stay healthy, wait until the soil in the pot is dry, then soak thoroughly.
* Prevent overwatering, which is the fastest way to kill the plant. If the leaves of the plant begin to turn yellow, you need to water less.Crotons are popular houseplants due to their vivid color schemes. Crotons come in a wide variety of leaf shapes (short, long, twisted, thin, or thick) and colors (green, yellow, red, orange, pink, or variegated).
* Crotons tend to make a bad first impression. They go into shock when moved, so when you bring them home, they may lose some foliage. Don’t panic, and follow care instructions to ensure that leaves return. Once settled. the croton is exceptionally resilient.
* Because the croton is a tropical plant, high humidity is its friend. Regular misting will help keep the croton in top form.
* Indoor crotons should be watered when the top of the soil is dry to the touch. Add water until the water drains out the bottom of the container.
* Keep the plant away from drafts and cold, as it cannot tolerate temperatures below 60 F.
Bice’s Florist is your Fort Worth hometown source for indoor green plants, floral arrangements, and gifts. Not only do we provide the best product, we are happy to offer our professional expertise. What are you waiting for? Stop by today to fill your home with beauty.