“Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out.” ~Frank A. Clark
A movement of kindness was started in New Zealand years ago, and it has rippled across the world. Random Acts of Kindness Day is celebrated on February 17th , and serves as an annual reminder that it does not take much effort to be kind to others. A thoughtful note, a flower handed out with a smile, or a generous tip are all small things that can have big effects on the one who is on the receiving end. Bice’s Florist is in the business of sharing these moments – and we are eager to help you make this day extra-special for people around you.
So what are some ways you can spread some joy on this special day this year? You can go big or keep it simple, plan ahead or think more spontaneously – here are a few ideas to inspire you!
- Write a note of appreciation to a former coach or teacher, letting him or her know the impact they made in your life.
- Bring batches of homemade cookies or brownies to a local hospital, fire station or police station for the employees to enjoy. Add some bright flowers or balloons to make an even brighter presentation!
- Buy a roll of quarters and fill parking meters at a local parking lot.
- Leave encouraging sticky notes on windshields reminding people of how awesome they are.
- Pack supply kits full of socks, water bottles, granola bars, soap and toothpaste to hand out to homeless people or bring to a local shelter.
- Give a bouquet to someone who least expects it – your coffee barista, the bank teller, or the school crossing guard. If they make you smile, return the favor!
However you choose to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Day, remember that Bice’s Florist is here to help you with gourmet goodies, flowers, balloons, and more. Let us help you to make Fort Worth just a little kinder this year!